The Dougie

The Dougie is a hip-hop dance generally performed by moving one's body in a shimmy style and passing a hand through or near the hair on one's own head.

Here a video explaning the Dougie step by step:



The dance first originated in Dallas, Texas, where it took its name from similar moves performed by 1980s rapper Doug E. Fresh. In 2007, Dallas rapper Lil' Wil triggered the huge movement with his hit "My Dougie". Then, a person called C-Smoove who attended Texas Southern University returned home to Southern California and taught the future members of Cali Swag District the dance. Cali Swag District recorded the song "Teach Me How to Dougie" and filmed the music video in Inglewood, California during the summer of 2009. Subsequently, the video along with the dance went viral on YouTube.


If you want my personal opinion: I hate this dance. I think it's repetitive, and tasteless.
But oh well...


This dance is no longer controversial, but this is probably do because it's no longer as popular as it was when it first came out.

1 comment:

  1. In my personal opinion, I think this dance is ridiculous..and I hope my next suitor don't find this a positive dance technique...And with most dances that was started years ago and has been brought back..or maybe it's just in our generation, but it has come and gone quite quickly. And I'm sure you'll finish it, but I'm look forward to any other new dances you'll include or just end the next one with "The Twerk."

    ReplyDelete