Introduction

Since 'traditional' History isn't my strong suit, I decided to take this blog and make it about the History of dance, the impact, and controversies that came along. Even though I'm passionate about dance and music, I don't know much about late 1800s / early 1900s dances, so most of the information in this blog will be new for me, and probably for most of you as well. This blog's entries will contain information, videos and pictures that will discuss how dances can impact societies by seeming scandalous when they first emerge, but with time and distance they're viewed as quaint and even innocent. So join me in this interesting, but fun experience.

3 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I love the header and the background. It's a nice touch that you included the video for people to see, but I was thinking that maybe you should include more history or sources about the dances. I also don't know much about the many different types of dances from the past; the names, the performance and the history behind it, so I will be looking forward to the transitions from the waltz to the twerk! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting take on history, I would have never given much thought on how dance would have an influence

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure this can count as dancing but technically it is still body movement.(it is a timeline of fitness trends, just watch it
    http://www.tastefullyoffensive.com/2015/04/100-years-of-fitness-trends-in-100.html

    ReplyDelete